This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Radioenzymatic assay of dihydroxyphenylglycol (DOPEG) and dihydroxyphenylethanol (DOPET) in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.Life Sci. 1981; 29: 165-172
- Abrams W.B. Essman W.B. Electroconvulsive Therapy. Spectrum, New York1982
- Electroconvulsive shock: Sustained decrease in norepinephrine uptake affinity in a reserpine model of depression.Life Sci. 1974; 16: 45-54
- Increased plasma MHPG in dexamethasone-resistant depressed patients.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 173-176
- Cardiovascular and hormonal response to electroconvulsive therapy.Anaesthesia. 1981; 36: 795-799
- Histamine, serotonin, epinephrine and norepinephrine in the rat brain following convulsions.Int J Neuropsychiatry. 1967; (Jan–Feb): 46-51
- Krieger Hughes Neuroendocrinology. HP Publishing, New York1979
- Pretreatment neurotransmitter metabolite levels and response to tricyclic antidepressant drugs.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 1159-1171
- Electroconvulsive shock and post synaptic catecholamine effects: Increased psychomotor stimulant action of apomorphine and clonidine in reserpine pretreated mice by repeated ECS.J Neurol Trsnmiss. 1975; 36: 19-32
- Long-term effects of electroconvulsive shock therapy on synthesis, turnover, and uptake of brain monoamines.Psychopharmacology. 1976; 49: 179-185
- Experimental studies of the mode of action of electroconvulsive therapy.Acta Psychiatry Scand [Suppl]. 1960; 145: 1-141
- Simultaneous single isotope radioenzymatic assay of plasma norepinephrine and dopamine.Life Sci. 1977; 21: 625-636
- Blood catecholamine levels, factor VIII and fibrinolysis after electroshock.Br J Hematol. 1974; 28: 371-380
- Plasma levels of catecholamines and dihydroxyphenylglycol during antidepressant drug treatment.J Clin Psychopharmacology. 1983; 3: 282-287
- Chronic administration of electroconvulsive shock and norepinephrine metabolism in the rat brain.Psychopharmacologia. 1969; 15: 296-304
Received in revised form: November 12, 1984
Received: August 8, 1984
☆Presented at the 14th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Anaheim, CA, October 10–15, 1984.
☆☆this work was performed at the Psychiatry Service, VA Medical Center, Newington, CT.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.