This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Behavioral aspects of GABA-dopamine interrelationships in the monkey.Brain Res Bull. 1980; 51: 269-273
- Clonidine ameliorates Gilles de la Tourette syndrome.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1980; 37: 1350-1357
- Amphetamine psychosis: A multidimensional process.Semin Psychiatry. 1969; 1: 208-226
- Amphetamine psychosis: I. Description of the individuals and process.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1967; 144: 273-282
- Grossman H.J. Manual on Terminology and Classification. American Association on Mental Deficiency, Washington, DC1977
- The origin and purposes of blinking.Br J Ophthalmol. 1945; 29: 445-467
- Dopamine-mediated behaviors: Characteristics of modulation by estrogen.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1984; 21: 791-800
- Spontaneous eye-blink rates and dopaminergic systems.Brain. 1983; 106: 643-653
- Neuroleptics decrease blinking in schizophrenic subjects.Biol Psychiatry. 1981; 16: 679-682
- Blink rates and receptor supersensitivity.Neuropharmacology. 1981; 20: 91-93
- Drug effect on blink rates in rhesus monkeys: Preliminary studies.Biol Psychiatry. 1981; 16: 249-254
- Blink rates in Parkinsonism.Ann Neurol. 1982; 12: 580-583
- Blink rates and disorders of movement.Neurology. 1984; 34: 677-678
- Amphetamine abuse pattern and effects of high doses taken intravenously.JAMA. 1967; 201: 305-309
- The Effects of Stereotyped Behavior on Responsivity and Other Measures of Autonomic Function.Peabody College, Vanderbilt University, 1980 (Unpublished doctoral dissertation)
- Stereotyped mannerisms in mentally retarded persons: Animal models and theoretical analyses.in: International Review of Research in Mental Retardation. Vol. 11. Academic, Orlando, FL1982: 123-161
MacLean WE Jr, Tapp JT, Johnson WL (in press): Alternate methods and software for calculating interobserver agreement for continuous observation data. J Behav Assess.
- Development of tolerance to neuroleptic-induced decreases in blink rate.Biol Psychiatry. 1984; 19: 617-621
- The cardiac-somatic relationship: Some reformulations.Psychophysiology. 1970; 6: 569-587
- On the act of blinking.Q J Exp Physiol. 1928; 18: 89-110
- Stereotyped activities produced by amphetamines in several animal species and man.Psychopharmacologia. 1967; 11: 300-310
- Stereotypy in man following amphetamine abuse.in: deBanker S.B. The Correlation of Adverse Effects in Man with Observations in Animals. Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam1971 (International Congress Series 220)
- Eye-blink and schizophrenia: Psychosis or tardive dyskinesia?.Am J Psychiatry. 1978; 135: 223-226
- Drug effects on contingent negative variation and eyeblinks: The distraction-arousal hypothesis.in: Lipton M.A. DiMascio A. Killam K.F. Psychopharmacology: A Generation of Progress. Raven Press, New York1978: 745-748
- Ontogeny of spontaneous blinking and of habituation of the blink reflex.Ann Neurol. 1979; 5: 453-457
Received in revised form: July 5, 1985
Received: June 3, 1985
☆Supported in part by PHS Grants HD13344 and HDO7226.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.