This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Endorphins: Profound behavioral effects in rats suggest new etiological factors in mental illness.Science. 1976; 194: 630-632
- High-dose naloxone infusions in normals.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983; 40: 613-619
- High-dose naloxone in depression.Biol Psychiatry. 1984; 19: 825-832
- Intravenous naloxone administration in schizophrenia and affective illness.Science. 1978; 197: 74-77
- Indication of an antipsychotic action of the opiate antagonist naloxone.Pharmakopsychiatr Neuropsychopharmakol. 1977; 10: 265-270
- Naloxone-induced reversal of schizophrenic hallucinations.J Neural Transm. 1977; 40: 13-19
- Narcotic analgesics and antagonists.in: Goodman A.G. Goodman A.S. Gilman L. The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. Macmillan, New York1980
- Lack of effect of naloxone on schizophrenic symptoms.Am J Psychiatry. 1977; 134: 926-927
- The treatment of perceptual disturbances in schizophrenia with naloxone hydrochloride.Am J Psychiatry. 1977; 134: 1408-1410
- Betaendorphin and naloxone in psychiatric patients: Clinical and biological effects.Am J Psychiatry. 1979; 136: 762-766
- Short-term naloxone administration in schizophrenic and manic patients.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1982; 39: 313-319
- EEG-behavioral dissociation after morphine-like drugs in the dog: Further evidence for two opiate receptors.Neuropharmacology. 1979; 18: 617-622
- Naloxone in chronic schizophrenia.Science. 1977; 196: 1227-1228
- Effects of naloxone on schizophrenia: Reduction in hallucinations in a subpopulation of subjects.Science. 1978; 201: 73-76
- Multiple opiate receptors: Support for unique mu, delta, and kappa sites.Neuropharmacology. 1982; 21: 487-497
Received in revised form: November 20, 1984
Received: October 16, 1984
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.