This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Biological Psychiatry
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Schizophr Bull. 9. 198f3: 265-283 Quoted in Maser JD, Keith SJ: CT scans and schizophrenia—Report on a workshop.
- Communicating hydrocephalus. Clinical aspects, diagnosis, pathogenesis.Fortschr Med. 1977; 95: 1181-1187
- Relationship of granulovacuolar degeneration in hippocampal neurones to aging and to dementia in normal pressure hydrocephalics.J Gerontol. 1978; 6: 815-825
- Amnestic-confabulatory syndrome in hydrocephalic dementia and Korsokoff's psychosis in alcoholism.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1979; 60: 232-333
- Hydromechanics in adult patients with benign noncommunicating hydrocephalus: One hour test shunting and balanced CSF infusion test to select patients for intracranial bypass operation.Neurosurgery. 1982; ii: 769-775
- The predictive value of conductance to outflow of CSF in NPH.Brain. 1982; 105: 65-86
- Motor disorders in “normal pressure” hydrocephalus.Br Med J. 1972; 1: 485-486
- Hydrocephalus as a cause of dementia: Evaluation of computerized tomography and intracranial pressure monitoring.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1972; 40: 736
- Shulman K. Intracranial Pressure I.V. Springer Verlag, Berlin1980: 501
- The clinical picture in occult hydrocephalus.Clin Neurosurg. 1976; 24: 270-284
- Communicating hydrocephalus (letter).Lancet. 1978; i: 37
- Computerized axial tomography in idiopathic hydrocephalus.Brain. 1977; 100: 749
- The special clinical problem of symptomatic hydrocephalus with normal cerebrospinal fluid pressure. Observations on cerebrospinal fluid hydrodynamic.J Neurol Sci. 1965; 2: 307-327
- A critical analysis of valve shunts used in the treatment of hydrocephalus.Dev Med Child Neurol. 1973; 15: 230-255
- Adult idiopathic communicating hydrocephalus with and without shunting.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1978; 41: 961-971
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus.Contemp Neurol Ser. 1977; 15: 69-92
- Occult hydrocephalus: Results of shunting correlated with diagnostic tests.Clin Neurosurg. 1977; 24: 316
- Psychotic symptoms in normal pressure hydrocephalus.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1979; 59: 415-419
- Syndrome of progressive spastic ataxia and apraxia associated with occult hydrocephalus.Neurology. 1966; 16: 440-452
- Cortical atrophy in schizophrenia and mania: A comparative study.J Clin Psychiatry. 1982; 43: 439-441
- Computed tomography of the brain in patients with acute psychosis and in healthy volunteers.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1982; 65: 403-414
- Evidence of disturbed CSF circulation and brain atrophy in cases of schizophrenic psychosis.Br J Psychiatry. 1984; 144: 654-661
- Adult communicating hydrocephalus.Br J Hosp Med. 1982; 27: 35-40
- Psychiatric and behavioral manifestation of normal pressure hydrocephalus. A case report and brief review.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1977; 164: 51-55
- Reversible dementia and the misdiagnosis of dementia: A review.Hosp Commun Psychiatry. 1983; 34: 830-835
- Aqueduct stenosis and schizophrenia.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1983; 46: 18-22
- Psychiatric aspects of normal pressure hydrocephalus.JAMA. 1973; 223: 409-412
- Schizophrenic psychosis associated with aqueduct stenosis in adults.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1983; 46: 892-893
- Pneumoencephalographic and computerized axial tomography scan changes in affective disorder.Br J Psychiatry. 1982; 141: 614-617
- Occult normal pressure hydrocephalus manifested by parkinsonism-dementia complex.Neurology. 1973; 23: 234-238
- Meningeal cryptococcosis misdiagnosed as a manic episode.Am J Psychiatry. 1984; 141: 1459-1460
- Neuropathological studies of schizophrenia: A selective review.Schizophr Bull. 1983; 9: 193-212
- Cerebral Computed Tomography: A Text-Atlas.Saunders, Philadelphia1984
- The clinical effect of lumbar puncture in normal pressure hydrocephalus.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1982; 45: 64-69
Received in revised form: May 13, 1985
Received: December 14, 1984
☆A revised version of this paper was presented at the annual American Psychiatric Association Meeting, Los Angeles, May 1984.
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.