About Biological Psychiatry
Biological Psychiatry is the official journal of the Society of Biological Psychiatry, whose purpose is to promote excellence in scientific research and education in fields that investigate the nature, causes, mechanisms and treatments of disorders of thought, emotion, or behavior.
This peer-reviewed international journal publishes basic and clinical contributions from all disciplines and research areas relevant to the pathophysiology and treatment of major neuropsychiatric disorders. Biological Psychiatry is one of the most selective and highly cited journals in the field of psychiatric neuroscience.
- Brain structural elements in psychiatric disorders [pdf]
- Chronic inflammation in pregnancy linked to childhood neurodevelopmental delays [pdf]
- Mood disorders on genetic spectrum [pdf]
- Genetics contributes to mental health risks in adoptees [pdf]
- Risk of psychotic disorders has disease-specific brain effects [pdf]
Ziskind-Somerfeld Research Award
$5000 awarded annually by the Society of Biological Psychiatry! The Award Committee makes selections from the 10 top-ranking articles published in Biological Psychiatry in the past year. Full details available here.
Check the PlumX Metrics to view how readers are engaging with our articles.